PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When used in this policy, ‘personal information’ has the meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). Personal information generally includes any information that can be used to personally identify you. We may collect the following types of personal information from you: Name, residential or business address, email address, postcode, gender, age and date of birth and telephone number.
We may also collect information from you that is not personal information because it does not identify you personally. This information is normally retained with your personal information and may include:
- Your shopping preferences and a list of products and services you have purchase from Winton House Pty Ltd. This may include your shopping history, product selection, colours, sizes, or other attributes of products and services we have provided to you or may provide to you in the future;
- Information we require to deliver, service or fulfil warranty obligations for products or services;
- Your marketing preferences, including the type of marketing materials you wish to receive and the methods of delivery (email, SMS, direct mail, or other);
- Information you prvide to our Customer Service Team, website, informatiion forms, or directly in relation to our products and services;
- Device identification information when you use a computer, mobile phone, smart phone, tablet, or other device to interact with us through our online store (www.wintonhouse.com.au). This information may include session cookies, your device IMEI number, IP address or MAC address.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the following actions.
- To provide you with products and services that you have requested from us;
- To communicate with you, including about products and services, competition results, special offers, and events which might interest you;
- To answer your questions and provide you with information or advice;
- To create orders, transaction records, agreements for the sale of products or services, accounts, tax invoices or receipts;
- Provide your information to third parties that assist us in providing products and services you have requested, such as delivery service providers and fulfilment managers;
- Carry out administration, marketing, planning, fraud and loss prevention research to improve the way Winton House Pty Ltd and its related service providers provide products and services to you;
- To consider and respond to complaints made by you;
- To comply with laws or regulations or to comply with any directions given by regulators or authorities.
If you send us personal information that we have not requested, or we determine that the persona information you have provided to us is no reasonably necessary or directly related to any of our functions or activities, we may deidentify or delete this information without notification to protect your privacy.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Normally we collect information from you directly, unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. Collection of your personal information can occur through the following interactions:
- When you access and use our website;
- When you communicate with us directly (by email, telephone, direct mail or any other means);
- When you interact with us during promotions, competitions, special events.
HOW WE HOLD YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may hold your personal information in either electronic or hard copy form. If you provide information to us electronically we retain this information in our computer systems and databases. This includes computer software programs, internet servers, and hosted internet solutions provided by third parties.
We use industry standard security measures to safeguard and protect your information. This includes taking responsible steps to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
IF WE ARE UNABLE TO COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we are unable to collect your personal information, some or all the following may occur:
- We may be unable to provide products or services to you, to the requested standard or at all;
- We may be unable to communicate with you to provide information about products and services that you have purchased from us, or may intend to purchase in the future;
- We be unable to tailor the content of your marketing communications to suit your preferences;
- Your experience when interacting with us may be delayed or not as efficient as you may expect.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your personal information may be disclosed in connection with any purpose to any of the following:
- Our employees, contractors or service providers, to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfil our obligations to you. This may include internet service providers, IT systems administrators, mailing houses, couriers, payment processors, and data entry providers;
- Our business advisors, including lawyers, accountants or other professional service providers, to the extent reasonably required;
- Suppliers and other third parties with whom we have commercial relationships, for business, marketing and related purposes; or
- If required by law, to any person authorised by such law. This may include the police service, ambulance service, or government departments or regulators within Australia in connection with law enforcement activities.
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about products and services offered by us via email.
You may opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time by responding via the channel in which you received the marketing communication, or by contacting us (see contact information below). You can unsubscribe from emails by clicking the unsubscribe link on the footer of the email communication you have received.
HOW YOU MAY ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your personal information held by Winton House Pty Ltd by making a request
Mail: Customer Service
Winton House Pty Ltd
29 Bundaroo Street
Bowral, NSW 2576
Normally we will provide a record of your personal information to you via your preferred contact method (phone, email or mail) and we will not charge a fee.
If your request is unlawful or may interfere with the privacy of other we may reasonably refuse to provide access to your personal information.
CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like us to update of amend your personal information, please contact us and we will make the requested amendments. We may ask you to verify your identity to ensure that personal information we hold is not improperly accessed.
If you feel your privacy has been breached, please contact us using the contact information above setting out the circumstances and reasons for your complaint.
Our team members will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 24 hours, and will normally respond to your request within 2 business days. If your complaint is complicated or requires further investigation our response may take additional time to finalise.
We will respond to you by your preferred contact method if you have indicated one.